Monday 11 May 2009

Star Trek (2009)


Rating 9 out of 10
Really wanted to see this film since i saw the trailers a few months back. I am not a big fan of Star Trek infact don't think i have ever watched the show. I have seen the old film Star Trek Nemisis and i enjoyed that i am a fan of spacey things so thought i would like this film!
OUTLINE:
This film goes back to the beginning and life of James T Kirk the eventual captain of USS Enterprise. It starts off with his father and his 12 minutes of being the captain of the Enterprise and then jumps forwad to James as a kid and follows his eventual enrollment in Space Academy. Whilst at the Academy he meets his friends Uhura, Bones and Spock. It also follows how each of the characters got into the crew of the Enterprise and the adventures they get up to battling the bad guy Nero.
REVIEW:
I really enjoyed this film. I liked how it went back in time to explain the whole start of the Star Trek story with all the characters and how they got together to be on the Enterprise. Even though i am not a Star Trek fan this did not hinder my enjoyment of the film. It is very well made, has humour and is also entertaining. I def must see in my opinion!
ACTORS:
James T Kirk - Chris Pine (Just My Luck, Smokin' Aces)
Spock - Zachary Quinto (Heroes, 24)
Nero - Eric Bana (The Other Boleyn Girl, Troy)
Uhura - Zoe Saldana (Pirates of the Caribbean, Drumline)
Scotty - Simon Pegg (How To Lose Friends & Alienate People, Hot Fuzz)

No comments:

Post a Comment